- Reductions in energy use-across all sectors- 30% by 2020
Fast track the switch to renewables-introduce a Queensland solar (15%), wind (15%) and geothermal (10%) scheme for 2020
- Prioritise public and alternative transport by shifting transport budget funding away from roads on 2:1 basis (Energy and transport account for over 60% of emissions. Queensland emissions from these sectors have risen 89% since 1990-National Greenhouse Accounts 2006)
Reduce emissions from land clearing by strengthening tree clearing laws on endangered and vulnerable landscapes and offering incentives to stop regrowth clearing
- Build a green economy in Queensland by phasing out coal use and investing in renewables and green collar jobs
Environment groups, including QCC, proposed these essential initiatives in our document Plan B, An Agenda for Immediate Climate Action in June 2009.
- You can read and /or download the document from the QCC website here.
- You can also view the Queensland Government's ClimateQ Strategy here