It is the intention of this document to seek the denial of any approval for this development on the following grounds:
• The identified lack of transport facilities to cater for the increase in population density
• The current lack of identifiable educational facilities and recreational infrastructure
• The current lack of identifiable employment opportunities in the demographic.
• The prescribed area for development is potentially flood prone.
• The community concerns in regard to health and safety issues
• The non compliance with statutory requirements in regard to assessment of the impact of the proposed development on listed endangered species.
• The disparity of certain key report documents and perceived bias.
• False and misleading information pursuant to s. 52 of The Trade Practices Act 1974, as provided by the developers to prospective purchasers
• False and misleading statements pursuant to s.141 of the Urban Land Development Authority Act 2007
• Non conformance with application protocols and procedures by the developer.
• Lack of transparent consultation with the community-at-large by Logan City Council.
• Denial of Natural Justice in that the Act is unduly prejudicial to the rights of the stakeholders.
LACA has also made a submission available to read here.
We encourage you to make time to read these submissions if you value what we have within the legislated ULDA GREATER FLAGSTONE URBAN FOOTPRINT. Regardless of the rhetoric it is really business as usual. Genuinely ecological sustainable development has principles and values to be met and cannot come to fruition without engagement of progessive industry partnerships where quadruple bottom line values are practiced.
This not even on the radar with ULDA!